You are here
Math Contest highlighted by CCN8 News
It was a competition for eastern Pennsylvania’s best high school math students. It was held at Bloomsburg University.
The 18th annual math contest featured three events to test the math skills of 300 students from 28 schools, including Bloomsburg, Columbia Montour Vo-Tech, Milton and Shamokin from our area. The morning had Quiz Bowl and Brainteasers while the afternoon brought the most exciting competition, the card-based Game of 24 requiring teams to arrive at the number 24 through addition, subtraction, division and multiplication of numerals on four cards.
Bloomsburg University sends out letters across the state each year to invite schools to the competition.
- Feb. 8 - CNN political contributor headlines Sankofa Conference
- Feb. 8 - ‘The Clothesline Muse’ on stage at Mitrani Hall
- Feb. 5 - ‘The Good News about Racism’ presented on campus
- Feb. 4 - Scholar discusses use of narratives to fight terrorism
- Feb. 3 - New level of realistic art on display
- Feb. 3 - From the TV courtoom to Mitrani Hall
- Feb. 1 - Student group offers tax-filing help