On-campus housing to close on May 14
Campus residents should make arrangements to move out of their residence hall or apartment by Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 12:00 PM for end-of-year closing.
There will not be a schedule for moving out from the residence halls and apartments. Students are encouraged to move out 24-hours after their last final exam. Traffic may be heavy at times especially towards the end of the week, please consider trying to beat the rush if you can. Staff will be finishing finals and preparing for graduation, so there will be no staff available to assist with move-out. A limited number of moving bins will be available on a first come, first served basis. Please consider bringing your own hand truck.
Before you leave make sure that:
- Your room/suite/apartment is cleaned and restored to move-in condition.
- Residence Halls: Microfridges must be unplugged, emptied, cleaned, and dried out.
- Apartments and Soltz Suites: Refrigerators must be emptied, cleaned, defrosted, and plugged back in.
- Windows are closed and locked.
- Window shades have been left open.
- Double check all drawers, closets, cupboards, etc. Any items found after move-out will be disposed of.
- Lights are turned off.
- Leave air conditioning on and set at 75 degrees.
- Apartments and Soltz Suites: Water is shut off tightly.
- If you do not want to pay cleaning fees, return your room or apartment to move-in condition.
- Every student is required to check out by signing the check-out sheet on your room/suite/apartment door.
- In addition, all apartment residents must return their mailbox key in the yellow Express Check-out envelope to the JKA Community Building
- Failure to check out properly will result in a $35.00 improper check out fee.
If you have lost your keys, make a note of it on the express check-out envelope and turn it in. You will only be charged for the lost keys instead of being charged $35.00 for improper check-out plus the cost of the lost keys.
- The replacement cost for lost mailbox keys is $5.00.