Our Department of Finance offers programs in the areas of investments, corporate financial management, financial planning, financial institutions and banking, and real estate finance, leading to a B.S.B.A in finance. The program blends its diverse strengths by offering state of the art programs. It seeks to provide a high-quality education which will inspire its students who major in finance to continue life-long learning, and intrigue those students who seek minors in business finance.
Our finance program provides an overview of the five major areas of finance:
- Investments — covering the securities markets and portfolio selection/management techniques.
- Corporate finance — covering financial functions in large and small companies in the private section.
- Personal financial planning — covering personal finance decisions and planning in retirement, taxes, estate planning, and risk management.
- Financial institutions — covering the management of commercial banking and other financial institutions.
- Real estate finance — covering the financing and investing in real estate properties with coursework in international finance.
A finance degree prepares future professionals to guide individuals, corporations, government agencies and other firms or organizations through financial struggles and uncertainty but also with short term and long term planning responsibilities.
A personal financial planning degree combines the emphasis on understanding financial products and how they work, as well as the role of family in financial decisions, helping build a solid foundation that prepares students to thrive in this in-demand profession.