Health and Safety
In preparation for your visit, please make note of the requirements below. These have been developed in accordance with health directives provided by the Governor, the Department of Health and following Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- If you, or anyone who may be visiting with you, answers “yes” to any of the following questions, please contact our admissions team at email@example.com or 570-389-4316 to reschedule your visit – we’ll be here for you!
- To the best of your knowledge, have you been in close contact to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 48 hours?
- Have you or your guests tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 48 hours?
- Upon your arrival to the Office of Admissions, you and your guests will have your temperature taken. Anyone with a temperature at 100.4 or higher will not be able to participate in the information session or campus tour and we ask that you reschedule your visit for another time/date or attend a virtual session.
You can still explore BU virtually for a tour and/or group information session.
- As of March 1, 2022, masks are highly recommended, but will not be required, in classrooms and other university interior spaces as long as Columbia County remains in the low/medium-risk category.
- If you need a mask, we will be happy to provide one to you. If worn, it should be placed over your nose and mouth.
- We can also provide a face shield for individuals who cannot wear a mask due to health issues or who may be deaf or hard of hearing.
- Masks are not required in outdoor spaces throughout campus, however, you may choose to mask up outdoors as well.
- Individuals who have tested positive for the COVID virus in the past 10 days must wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in multiple locations on campus.
- Each student is allowed two guests. We will continue to limit our total group size, including employees, to ensure social distancing practices.
- Visitors should maintain social distancing of a minimum of six feet of distance from others at all times while on campus.
- All visitors are asked to perform a symptom assessment before arriving on campus for symptoms of COVID-19, including 1) fever, cough, or shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or 2) at least two of these symptoms: fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell. Contact us to reschedule should you be experiencing any of these symptoms or feel ill on the day of your visit.
- Practice Good Hygiene – Good hygiene includes proper handwashing, avoiding touching your nose, eyes and mouth, coughing and sneezing into your elbow followed by immediate hand sanitizing.
- There may be limited access to facilities while you are on campus, and appointments may not be available with other offices (i.e. faculty or financial aid). If you have a need to meet with another department, please contact them directly to coordinate an appointment, whether virtually or in person, if available.
- Please bring your personal water bottle(s) for your visit. There is a water filling station near the Office of Admissions.
- The University Store will be open during normal business hours. If you prefer, feel free to order items on their website and set up for curbside pick-up when you visit campus. Learn how to get BU gear at http://bloomustore.com/Home.