PRP 5230 - Policy for Releasing Information from Bloomsburg University Police to Marketing and Communication
Issued by: Robert J. Parrish, V.P. for Administration
Effective Date: 2/16/87
Updated : February 2012
Endorsed by Forum: October 2012
- The Office of Marketing and Communication will provide to the media all information about incidents on campus.
- Bloomsburg University Police will notify the Office of Communications anytime they become aware of an incident that occurs on or off campus that could have a significant impact on university personnel, students, property, activities, etc. These include but are not limited to; felonies, crimes of violence, discharge of any firearm on campus or the discharge of a firearm off campus by a BUPD member not actively engaged in firearms training, bomb threats, fires on campus that cause significant property damage and/or pose an immediate life safety concern, abduction, sexual assaults, riots, missing persons, any incident that results in death or is a potentially death threatening situation, natural or manmade disasters or any situation that may result in news media coverage.
- Names of juvenile offenders or sexual assault victims will not be released.
- Routine desk log incidents such as inquires, unsubstantiated rumors, and minor infractions such as traffic citations will not be routinely reported to the Office of Marketing and Communication.
- The Office of Marketing and Communication will agree not to release information to the media about an incident if the judgment of the Bloomsburg University Police is that such a release of information may jeopardize an on-going investigation.