Housing agreements are for the full academic year (starting in the fall semester and ending at the conclusion of the spring semester) or remaining portion thereof. Students who wish to be released from their housing agreement must submit a housing release request. You are not released until you receive an approval response from the Office of Residence Life. A cancellation fee may be applied depending on when you submit the release and your reason for requesting to be released. If we determine that we can make exceptions to any of these request reasons and related charges, we will notify students.
Release request reasons will be verified with the Office of the Registrar and/or other offices as needed. If you are found to be attending Commonwealth University - Bloomsburg and living off-campus without an official release from the Office of Housing & Residence Life, housing charges will be applied to your university account.
- Academic: Reasons include graduating, withdrawing, transferring, military, student teaching, studying abroad, completing an internship, clinical or practicum.
- Commuting: As registered with the University, your official home address on record must be within a commutable distance to campus (30 miles).
- Online Classes: Select this reason if you are living at home because your classes are online and you live beyond 30 miles of campus.
Students who wish to cancel this agreement must submit a housing release request. The student is not released until the student receives an approval response from the Commonwealth University - Bloomsburg, Office of Housing & Residence Life. Upon review of the request, Commonwealth University may permit residents to be released from on-campus housing and/or meal plan. A financial penalty may be imposed. Please review and understand the following cancellation penalties completely before agreeing to the terms of this agreement.
Cancellation penalties for semester (after agreement has been signed):
- Cancellation request made on or before April 30, will be assessed a $300 cancellation penalty.
- Cancellation request made on or after May 1, but before July 1, will be assessed a $500 cancellation penalty.
- Cancellation request made on or after July 1, but before the first day of classes of the fall semester, will be assessed a $1,000 cancellation penalty.
- Cancellation request made after the first day of classes, the student will be responsible for the Housing and Food Service fees for the entire agreement year.
Below is the university refund policy for students who withdraw from Commonwealth University, complete the housing release form and move out of their on-campus housing. This is not a weekly based refund so be sure to notice the dates and amount of refund for this semester. This table applies to housing only, not dining.
|Up to and including Monday, August 28||0%||100%|
|Tuesday, August 29 - Thursday, August 31||20%||80%|
|Friday, September 1 - Sunday, September 10||40%||60%|
|Monday, September 11 - Sunday, September 17||50%||50%|
|Monday, September 18 - Sunday, September 24||60%||40%|
|On or after Monday, September 25||100%||0%|
Dining Plan Notice: August 28 is the last date to cancel your dining plan and get a full refund. After that date, weekly dining plans will be refunded using daily proration. Block dining plans refunds will be based on the number of days remaining in the semester or utilization rate. Unused flex will be refunded and a $10 administrative fee will be charged.
|Up to and including Monday, January 29||0%||100%|
|Tuesday, January 30 - Thursday, February 1||20%||80%|
|Friday, February 2 - Thursday, February 8||40%||60%|
|Friday, February 9 - Thursday, February 15||50%||50%|
|Friday, February 16 - Thursday, February 22||60%||40%|
|On or after Friday, February 23||100%||0%|