Technology Help Desk Support
The Office of Technology uses Numara® FootPrints Help Desk Management solutions to better support the technology needs of the University. FootPrints is a 100% web-based program accessible through a standard web browser in Windows, Macintosh, Unix or Linux platforms.
- Tickets will automatically be routed to the correct technology personnel to assist with your particular issue.
- Global issues that affect all campus users are easily viewable.
- A comprehensive knowledge base to search frequently asked questions is available.
- When entering a ticket from an on campus computer, users will automatically be logged into the software.
- When entering a ticket from an off campus computer, users will need to enter their network user name and password. User name must be preceded by buad\. Example: buad\dcelli
Dial HELP # (4357) for requests
When To Call:
The help desk staff will answer calls for assistance from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Friday.
What To Expect:
Dialing one easy to remember number will connect you to a help desk staff member who will assist with your issue.
Note: If your issue is not an emergency, please enter a help desk ticket in our Footprints software.
After Hours Technology Assistance
Reporting Network & Server Problems
After hours and on weekends you can report network or server emergencies that affect the entire campus by calling the HELP DESK at extension 4357 and selecting option 1. For all other after-hour issues, leave a message for the staff for the next business day by pressing 0.
Finding the Status of Network & Server Problems
https://helpdesk.bloomu.edu/ - This web page will have the status of all pertinent network problems and other technology related issues.
Enter a Footprints ticket to receive assistance from your building consultant.
Note: Based on your office location, which is automatically filled in when you enter a ticket, Footprints software routes problems to the correct building consultant.
Services provided by the building consultants
- Assistance with office computer problems, questions about computer/application software you are considering.
Global Issues - How to view and subscribe to campus-wide technology issues.
Knowledge Base - How to view and search customized knowledge base articles.