Your student loans are just that, your loans. It is a good idea to learn more about them and where to go if you face difficulties in obtaining funding or in repayment. Remember your loans simply will not go away, being financially responsible early will help you later in life.
The following links will provide you with additional information on the topic in which you are searching:
- Federal Direct Student Loan Application Process
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan Application Process
- Federal Direct GradPLUS Loan Application Process
- State - Private Student Loan Application Process
- Federal Direct Loan Interest Rates and Origination Fees
- Accept Direct Student Loan -Tutorial on how to accept loan on MyHusky
- Request Additional Direct Student Loan - Increase loan (PLUS denial, grade level change, previously declined loan)
- Request to Reduce or Cancel Loan - Reduce/cancel existing loan
- PLUS Pre-Approval - Situations where parent may be denied the PLUS Loan
- Loan Counseling - Learn more about your borrower rights and responsibilities
- Loan Tracking - Determine who is servicing your federal loans
- Loan Repayment Tools - Deferment, Forbearance, Consolidation, Forgiveness
- Loan Calculator - Get estimates on your loan repayment
Persons borrowing must notify their loan servicing agency when any of the following conditions arise:
- Withdrawal from school
- Attendance is less than half-time status (less than six credits Undergraduate - less than five credits Graduate/Doctoral)
- Change of name or address
- Transfer to another school
- Other changes that may affect borrowers' eligibility for deferred payments
Please see Loan Tracking to determine who is servicing your federal loans.
FSA Ombudsman Group
If you are in a dispute about your federal student loan, contact the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group as a last resort. The FSA Ombudsman Group is dedicated to helping resolve disputes related to Federal Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program Loans, Guaranteed Student Loans, and Perkins Loans.
Please use the following information to contact the FSA Ombudsman Group:
FSA Ombudsman Group
PO Box 1843
Monticello, KY 42633
National Student Loan Data System
Please note that you (student or parent borrower) enter into an agreement when you borrower a Federal Direct Loan. Your enrollment and eligibility information will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and will be accessible by authorized agencies, loan servicers and institutions.
Student Lending Code of Conduct
Please review Bloomsburg University's Student Lending Code of Conduct.