You are here
College of Education
College of Education
Through real classrooms, diverse practicums and experienced research-driven faculty, Bloomsburg University's College of Education pairs a strong teaching foundation with quality field experiences to broaden the teacher candidate’s understanding of effective classroom instruction and establish a platform for putting theory and research into practice.
Exceptional youth pose a unique range of academic and social challenges to teachers, who in turn play a critical role in the challenged learner’s ability to integrate into the classroom. Through the College of Education's Conceptual Framework vision, the Department of Exceptionality Programs develops students into transforming educators who not only effectively manage constant change but also meet the individualized needs of their future students.
- American Sign Language/English Interpreting
- Deaf Education N-12 / Early Childhood PK-4 (Dual Certification)
- Education of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing (M.S.)
- Special Education: K-8/Early Childhood PK-4 (Dual Certification)
- Special Education (M.S./M.Ed.)
Teaching and Learning
Teachers have an impactful role in the life of a developing child through mentoring, advocating and fostering learning. And as the child learner develops, the teacher continues to be a big influence in the classroom as a role model and support mechanism.
Through the College of Education's Conceptual Framework vision, the Department of Teaching and Learning develops students into responsible educators who provide a safe, caring and effective classroom environment for their future students. It also provides students with a strong foundation of research-proven teaching methods in specific subject and discipline areas to effectively prepare their future students for the next step of their lives.
- Early Childhood Education (PK-4) (B.S.Ed.)
- Middle Level Education (4-8) (B.S.Ed.)
- Secondary Education (7-12) (B.S.Ed.)
- Early Childhood Education (M.Ed.)
- Middle Level Education (M.Ed.)
- Graduate in Reading (M.Ed.)
- School Counseling and College Student Affairs (M.Ed.)
- Curriculum and Instruction ( Certification Programs)